Thursday 19 March 2015

3rd Video: Grilled Cheese!



Hi, Everyone!

So for this week, I decided to tone down the level of difficulty from my last recipe, Chicken in Wine. I mean, I am really a beginner cook, shouldn't I ease myself into these difficult recipes? That is why this week, I found what I thought would be an extremely easy recipe: the grilled cheese sandwich.

I don't know about all of you out there, but I LOVE grilled cheese sandwiches. I'm a pretty big fan of all things cheese, due to the fact that I work as a cheesemonger in a cheese shop. One thing that we happen to make a lot of is grilled cheese sandwiches.

Me at work with my favorite cheese

That being said, I have never actually made a grilled cheese sandwich. Perhaps it's because I was too clumsy and prone to breaking things busy doing other work, but it just was always made by the time I took my lunch break. I figured it had to be simple enough. I mean, it's just cheese and bread. Two ingredients. What could go wrong?

Turns out what could go wrong was that tricky third ingredient: Butter.
So Simple.

 As you can see from the video, I set the butter on fire. 
But, I can explain.

I do know the old rule of DO NOT PUT METAL IN THE MICROWAVE, but I honestly thought that the butter was wrapped in a fake shinny piece of paper. I know it sounds ridiculous,but I figured even if there was a bit of metal in the paper, that it would be fine because it was just going to be in there for a few seconds. But overall, I think I handled the fire well. 

The actual making the grilled cheese was not that hard. As always, I am always surprised that food does not start frying immediately in the pan when it is put in. Some of the cheese flipped out of the sandwich when I first switched it, but overall, it was an excellent sandwich!  


Finished Product!

 The instructions for this recipe were definitely easier to understand, but that could be because there was very little I could misunderstand. There were no definite amounts, so it seemed that there was no way I could mess this up.

This recipe seemed to actually give me more information than I needed, except for the whole butter incident. That information would have been nice. But this recipe is step-by-step very easy, very cheap, very quick, and relatively painless to make. This recipe is what all the recipes in this book are striving to be: quick and easy recipes that anyone can make.

~Gaby

2 comments:

  1. I found it really funny you put the butter in the microwave! Looks tasty and want to ask, what is your favourite type of cheese? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabs you are slowly but surely getting better! I'm glad you kept in the bit about burning the butter in the microwave! You are truly relatable to a lot of people out there that aren't very good at cooking. Keep up the good work because after all, practice makes perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete