Wednesday 25 March 2015

4th Video: Scalloped Potatoes!



Hello, Everyone!

I decided to take a step back up and challenge myself with two skills that I think I could improve on: slicing and baking. Yet, I didn't want to make things too complicated for myself after the butter catching on fire incident. This recipe is actually pretty simple, but, as the other recipes did, does leave some vague wording on the amounts I am suppose to be using.

As some of you may have noticed, my food has taken a slightly English turn. It seems that the British are fond of their potatoes and hearty foods, but that does not make them easier to make. It seems that I almost burn everything, but it ends up tasting okay. Is that what cooking really is? Just burning until you improve and burn less? I have been trying to get simpler and simpler to ease myself into cooking but perhaps I just need to fully focus on the task at hand. The language in this book allows me to have some room for error, and I have trouble waiting an hour for food that I would normally never make.

I think that for beginning cooks, the language is misleading. But I am willing to cook more and try to get through it.

~Gaby

No comments:

Post a Comment