Wednesday 25 March 2015

5th Video: Toad in the Hole!


Hi, Everyone!

I decided to take the English theme and run with it by making the traditional breakfast of Toad in the Hole. I was told by my English friends that I must make Toad in the Hole, as it is the best breakfast one could make. I was a little skeptical (as it just seemed to be a popover filled with sausage) but I was willing to give it a go.

This recipe was worded interestingly, as you can see my trouble with the pinch of salt and also multitasking the milk pouring and whisking. I really thought the batter would be too runny, but it turned out just fine. It did balloon up just like a popover, and as you all can see, my burning streak continues.

What I do want to talk about on this post was the taste of the Toad in the Hole. To be perfectly honest, I was not looking forward to trying this particular dish. I am generally pretty picky about the foods that I eat, and making this one did not make it appear more appetizing.
Ingredients 
Finished Product


As you can see, the final product was burnt around the edges, an egg-like texture in the middle, and had a couple sausages with a boatload of grease in the pockets they were in. This is exactly the type of food I tend to shy away from. In the end, I am glad I tried it. It was like having a full breakfast of sausage and eggs, but all the flavors had run through together. This taste revelation made me realize that this book did not talk very much about taste at all, which for a beginner's cook book seemed surprising. 

All in all, it was a good recipe.

~Gaby


1 comment:

  1. Hi Gaby! I love how you're making videos for your blog, it's really different and personal (and amusing at times) ;) I hope you keep these videos, they'll be entertaining to watch again in future! :) x

    ReplyDelete