Wednesday 18 March 2015

2nd Video: Chicken in Wine!

Hi, Everyone!

I know I haven't posted in a bit, but I a lot of technical difficulties. I have finally figured out how to get me videos off private, expect more videos coming your way!

For this video, I made Chicken in Wine. The title is a tad misleading, as for some reason this dish included apples. There were also some problems with filming, which can be shown in the fact I have no footage of me trying my meal, as there was some confusion with camera vs. video camera. I do, however, have pictures!

Ingredients 

Finished Product!
Trying the Chicken!

Now this dish was a lot more challenging than my first dish, mac and cheese. The technical skills are different, and chopping the onion and apple was quite tough. The end result tasted okay, except for the apples. It turns out they soak up all the wine and become quite bitter (as you can see from my face in the picture). My friend told me after that there is a big difference between cooking wine and drinking wine, and perhaps that is why the flavor was so strong,

  Now, language wise, this recipe sounded easy. It sounded so easy that after I made mac and cheese, this seemed like the next logical step. I can say that the vague "2 wine glasses amount of wine"  made it difficult to know how much wine I was suppose to put in. The book also did not tell me that there is a difference between cooking wine and drinking wine, and as a result, my apples were bitter. It would have been a lovely meal, had I known a way to tone down the flavor. But, as a beginner cook, I had no idea how. I think the book failed me on this recipe.

~Gaby


1 comment:

  1. Love your friends reaction and review of the dish! Yes cooking wine and drinking wine are very different! It was nice to see you tackle a more difficult dish! Good luck with your other cooking endeavors!

    ReplyDelete